We are recruiting for a Bindura based Network Administrator to join a high functioning team. The preferred candidate must hold a relevant qualification, three to five years of networking experience (or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position). Operational knowledge of PBX Systems, Hik-Vision CCTV NVR’s & Fiber Backbones as well as CISCO certification i.e., CCNA, CCNP, ASD WAN will be added advantages. Duties include planning, developing, installing, configuring and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. Knowledge of the implementation of various ISO policies is also preferred.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure stable operation of the computer networks. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also analyze and resolve end-user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user training where required.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs network design and capacity planning.
- Conducts research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Maintains network fibre backbone links at Bindura Plant.
- Maintains, Programs and Supports Hik-Vision CCTV NVR(s), cameras and Access Control Equipment and ensures backups are running.
- Maintenance of Karel VOIP phone system as well as configuration and support.
- Provides second level technical support to users concerning network system operations.
- Diagnoses problems with network equipment and performs equipment repair or upgrades when appropriate.
- Installs, configures, and maintains multi-user software to be accessed from file servers if required.
- Installs, configures, and maintains network cabling and other networking equipment such as hubs, switches, and UPS.
- Coordinates with Group IT in assisting with installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network connected end-user hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Coordinates with Group IT in assisting with management of security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Works in close cooperation with Group IT to facilitate management of computers, installing any software needed for each user.
- Works with Local IT Manager in planning, installation, and documentation of network topology and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
- Ensures implementation and maintenance of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001, ISO/IEC 17025, Group requirements, policies, and compliance obligations. This shall be achieved through participation in SHEQ Programmes.
- Works towards achieving zero harm, quality standards/targets and protection of the environment in line and consistent with company SHEQ or sustainability as well as operations policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Individuals in this position are expected to be available during the normal business hours of the business and may occasionally be asked to vary their schedule and/or work overtime to meet department requirements.
Work will generally be performed using computer equipment in an indoor office environment. Setup or maintenance of some peripheral equipment may require work in areas such as data rooms or wiring closets with restricted room for movement.
Works under the general supervision of the Local IT Manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Person’s Specification & Experience
- National Diploma/Degree in Telecoms, or related field.
- CISCO certification i.e., CCNA, CCNP, ASD WAN will be added advantage.
- Three to five years of networking experience, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position.
- Operational knowledge of PBX Systems, Hik-Vision CCTV NVR’s & Fiber Backbones.
- Operational knowledge of network and routing protocols.
- Operational knowledge of switch configuration and programming.
- Ability to install software and hardware on networking equipment.
- Familiarity with a variety of networking and personal computer software.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform routine maintenance on servers, computers, and peripheral equipment.
- Ability to communicate information to staff in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability and desire to work as a member of a team.
- Must have knowledge of implementation of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001, ISO/IEC 17025, SHEQ requirements, policies, and compliance obligations.
Analysis, judgment, attention to detail, commitment to the organization, dependability, formal communication, initiative, knowledge of work, planning and organization, sensitivity, teamwork, technical/professional self-development, work standards.